St. Patrick’s Day is this Friday, which means it’s time to put on all the green stuff you own (so you don’t get pinched) , chill the beer, and get the corned beef and cabbage cooking! We’ve saved you the trouble, here’s where to celebrate in Downtown Flagstaff this Friday!
Altitude’s Bar and Grill – Green everything is so necessary on St. Patrick’s Day and Altitude’s is serving all the green beer all day! Be sure to stop by and celebrate with a great band, green beer, and fish! www.facebook.com/Altitudes-Bar-and-Grill
Aspen Deli – You HAVE to make sure you get your fill of corned beef this Friday, and Aspen Deli will help with that. All week and all day Friday, they will be serving a corned beef breakfast burrito, and a 1/2 lb. corned beef, coleslaw, and spicy mustard sandwich on marble-rye bread. www.facebook.com/TheAspenDeli
Collins Irish Pub and Grill – You can’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day without visiting an Irish Pub! Collins has it all, beer, food, and music! Be sure to wear green and celebrate the right way. www.facebook.com/CollinsIrishPub
Majerle’s Sports Grill – It’s your lucky day! You’re invited to the Luck of the Irish Shindig with DJ Soulece. Take advantage of their all day drinks specials: $2 St. Patty’s shots, $4 Deep Eddy’s, 1/2 priced domestic, and $4 New Belgium drafts. www.facebook.com
The McMillan – Join DJ Bear Cole at The McMillan for some Saint Patrick’s Day Shenanigans! The McMillan will be serving up corned beef and cabbage, and drinks specials all day! From 6pm-close grace your ears with traditional Irish music, Celtic drinking songs, and Irish punk, played by DJ Bear Cole. www.facebook.com/TheMcMillanFLG
The Orpheum Theater – Make your way to the Orpheum for a St. Patrick’s Day Party featuring Bob Log III. Doors open at 7pm, drinks will be flowing, and the show starts at 8pm! Tickets are only $9. www.orpheumflagstaff.com
Alpine Pedaler – If you’re looking for something unique, then maybe a pub crawl on the Alpine Pedaler is what you need! Pedal from bar to bar and enjoy all the St. Patrick’s Day festivities in a way like never before! www.alpinepedaler.com
Sosoba – A special corned beef and cabbage ramen bowl just for St. Patrick’s Day! You can pair it with a sip of Irish Whiskey too: Powers Irish Whiskey, Clontarf 1014 Irish Whiskey, Red Bush Irish Whiskey, Jameson, or any other on the back bar! www.facebook.com/SoSoBaFLG
Looking for the perfect way to treat someone special or even yourself this Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re looking for a beautiful bouquet, some sweet treats, or that perfect gift, Downtown has you covered! Show our local businesses how much you love them while also shopping for your love.
Sutcliffe Floral is the perfect place to pick up a beautiful bouquet that is put together just for you! The fresh, bright flowers are a great way to start or finish the day. Whether to want a big bundle of roses, or a beautifully arranged variety, Sutcliffe Floral can do anything you desire!
Who doesn’t love chocolate on Valentine’s Day? The Sweet Shoppe can fulfill any sweet tooth in your life. Their handcrafted chocolates are made with all the love and you can taste it! And if you can’t choose just one treat, try one of their special Valentine’s Day boxes!
Maybe sweets isn’t your thing, and you want to savor the day with some of our amazing downtown restaurants. Karma Sushi has created a special Valentine’s Day platter that will give you a taste of everything you love. And not only will you be gifted with amazing food, they will also be giving a rose to those who come in for dinner.
Shift is showing how much they love you by cooking up a special Valentine’s Day 4-course meal. The courses come with all Arizona pairings and is guaranteed to be delicious. You can join them at 5:30pm or 7:30pm and it is $55 a person.
Give the gift of art! All of our downtown galleries have one-of-a-kind art pieces for your one-of-a-kind love. Arizona Handmade Gallery has jewelry made by 15 different local artists and glass blown hearts to give to that person that has your heart.
And if you’re still needing ideas check out Local First’s Gift Guide!
Have you been out to eat in Flagstaff recently? If not, now is the time to venture out and try some new places. Not only have some great restaurants opened, but local favorites continue to impress. Our downtown restaurants have made many headlines and show no sign of stopping. Way to go, Flagstaff!
FLG Terroir – The former Wine Loft has retained features that we knew and loved, while upgrading the interior. The lighting is low, the furniture is welcoming, and the food is simple, innovative, and completely delicious. The menu has some consistent favorites like the cheese plate while mixing in a rotating offering of seasonal dishes. Select from a large array of wines by the glass or bottle.
Pizzicletta – This beloved, wood fired pizza house has been going for a few years now but deserves mention on any list of great places to eat in Flagstaff. Caleb and his team have been consistently stepping up the food game in Flagstaff since their inception. House made everything: cheese, bread, pizza, and gelato. A highly curated wine list that you cannot go wrong selecting from.
Root – Who doesn’t love a rooftop patio? This one offers some of the best views in downtown Flagstaff with food and drink offerings to match. They use locally sourced ingredients and create tasty creations with a somewhat southern flair. Small plates or larger entrees offer something for every size appetite. House made Bloody Mary’s. And now serving brunch too.
Shift – When you go into shift, you will see the kitchen staff front and center. It is an open plan, allowing diners to watch and engage with the chef and staff as they prepare their dishes. It is a great way to learn more about how the folks at Shift approach food. There are local ingredients as well as house brined, preserved, and fermented items. This level of attention to detail extends into their drinks and desserts too.
Sosoba – If you have ever wondered what a fried macaroni and cheese ball tastes like, it is time to visit Sosoba. (I am a fan of this deep fried treat.) Also a great place to frequent for udon, ramen, or soba noodles paired with one of a variety of tasty broths with meat or veggies on top. Pro tip – ask for a side of the house made kimchi. You will be glad you did.
Brix – Looking for a casual fine-dining experience? Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar is in Flagstaff, Arizona’s Historic Carriage House. They serve seasonal, farm focused, contemporary American cuisine. The fresh ingredients are something that you can taste and see on every plate.
Criollo – With one of the most popular Happy Hours in Flagstaff and a Latin-inspired fusion menu, Criollo has a devoted following. Locally sourced and fresh ingredients can be tasted on every dish and in their margaritas like the seasonal prickly pear and jalapeño flavors during the warmer months. Their fish tacos and freshly smashed avocado keep people coming back for more.
Tinderbox – Tinderbox Kitchen offers a seasonally changing menu of “Progressive American Food”. Whether you’re dressed for a night out, or just off the trails, the atmosphere is welcoming and everyone is there for one thing, good food. The tasty food, delicious cocktails, and eclectic wine list all add to the experience waiting for you just south of the tracks.
It might be a good idea to leave your car parked and rent some cross country skis from Aspen Sports to make your way around downtown! Start your own ski crawl and visit some of our favorite places to grad a hot drink or eat a warm meal!
Late For the Train has a Mountain Town Blend coffee that is a mix of light and dark roasted beans, they say each cup is filled with adventure and comfort…exactly what’s need on a cold snowy day like this! Up next is the Whiskey Chai from Rendezvous. This might be the biggest cup of warmth in Flagstaff and best shared with a friend. While sipping on your hot drinks you can watch the snow fall and snap some pics (to share with us of course)!
If your craving something a little different to warm-up after some time in the snow then a hot bowl of ramen from Karma is a must! There is a variety of bowls and you can’t go wrong with any of them! We also recommend trying the broth bar at Sosoba…it’s something different and fun!
And if the snow just isn’t for you, then we suggest cozying up at home and admiring the snow from afar through the pictures on our Instagram page (@DowntownFlagstaff) or through your window. Don’t worry though, blue skies are waiting for you tomorrow!
This is the first Locals’ Night of 2017 and once again our businesses are offering great deals for all of you locals! Below are all the deals, so map out your Tuesday evening now to get all the shopping and dining deals! Use #FlagstaffLocalsNight on social media to share your experience!
**Free parking is available after 5pm at City Hall, the Visitors Center, Chase Bank, National Bank, and County parking lot at Leroux and Cherry.
- Aspen Sports Flagstaff – 20% off any non-sale item.
- Mountain Sports Flagstaff – 50% off Patagonia trucker hats (limit 3 AND you must be in their Frequent Buyer Club or sign up that night with a local address) *closing at 6pm.
- Peace Surplus – 25% off all men’s and women’s casual wear / lifestyle apparel.
- P.J. Chilcottage – Buy 1 get 1 free handmade primal elements soap (limit 6).
- Puchteca – 15% off Navajo rugs.
- Rainbow’s End – 25% off one non-sale item AND dessert and wine will be served.
Dining / Drinks:
- Bigfoot BBQ – Buy one get one free draft beer.
- Charly’s Pub & Grill – Posole, chips, and a Dos Equis for $9+tax.
- Karma Sushi Bar Grill – fill out the check insert and be entered to win a $30 “Lunch for Two” gift card.
- Mix Flagstaff – 50% off entire menu.
- The McMillan – 30% off tequila, $3 tacos, and if you spend $50 or more you will be entered to win a $25 gift card.
- PayN’Take – $1 off draft beer pints (7pm-close).
- Root – $12 small plate and drink: white bean cassoulet with a seasonal gin rickey.
If anywhere in Arizona knows how to celebrate the holiday season it’s Flagstaff! Governor Doug Ducey declared Flagstaff as Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and downtown is making sure we live up to that title. There is something for everyone to enjoy throughout the holiday season downtown, and we’ve listed out a few of our favorites!
1. Dark Sky Brewing Company’s Ugly Sweater Party – This Friday, December 16, from 5-10pm at Dark Sky you can take part in the fiercest holiday ugly sweater competition. Show off your tackiest, wackiest, purchased or home-made holiday sweaters at this party. There will be prizes for the best (ugliest) sweaters and happy hour prices for everyone wearing an ugly sweater!
2. Downtown Luminaria Stroll – Begin a new holiday tradition in Downtown Flagstaff Tuesday, December 20, from 5-8pm. Thanks to our sponsor Homes of Flagstaff by G Shanahan, and everyone in the community who has decorated over 1,000 luminaria bags, San Francisco St., Aspen Ave., and Leroux St. will be glowing! Also be sure to check out the business windows that are taking part in our window decorating contest while strolling the streets.
3. December Locals’ Night – Tuesday, December 20, from 3-7pm is Locals’ Night and it is the perfect opportunity to knock out the last (or all) of your holiday shopping at once! There are over 25 businesses participating and offering great deals like buy one get one free and 50% off everything! It’s Buy Local Month and you can shop local with Local First Arizona’s and the DBA’s Holiday Shopping Passport. While shopping around you will also be able to enjoy the sounds of local musicians in participating businesses!
4. Flagstaff SantaCon 2016 – This Saturday, December 17, at 2pm hundreds of Santas will take to the streets of Downtown Flagstaff for SantaCon! This pub-crawl will get you in the holiday spirit with 5 stops beginning at Historic Barrel + Bottle House, then onto The State Bar, Dark Sky, Hops on Birch, and ending at The Green Room with a Santa dance party!
5. The Great Pinecone Drop – The pinecone has been hung high atop the Weatherford Hotel and the countdown to the New Year has begun! This Downtown Flagstaff celebration has been a tradition for over 15 years and each year the crowd grows. Thousands of locals and visitors fill the streets of downtown, countdown to the big drop, and ring in the new year together!
This month’s Locals’ Night is not to be missed! Not only are downtown businesses offering some great deals to wrap up your holiday shopping, but there will be local musicians performing in participating businesses, and it is the first ever Downtown Luminaria Stroll from 5-8pm!
- Absolute Bikes – 20% off all new 2017 kid’s & BMX bikes, and 20% off all clothing.
- Aspen Sports Flagstaff – 20% off and non-sale item.
- Arizona Handmade Gallery – 50% off select earrings and hand blown glass ornaments for $25.
- Babbitt’s Backcountry – Free water bottle and prize with every purchase over $100.
- Mountain Sports Flagstaff – 20% off all winter hats, scarves, and gloves (must be in their Frequent Buyer Club with a local address or join that night).
- Fizzy Bella Bath Boutique – 20% off everything (cannot be combined with other offers).
- Flagstaff Soap Co. – 10% off bar soap.
- Late for the Train – 25% off t-shirts, mugs, and whole bean coffee.
- Flagstaff Sports Exchange – Buy $100 gift card and get $20 in trade in credit for yourself.
- Olive the Best Oils & Vinegars – 10% off entire purchase.
- Peace Surplus – 25% off any one non-sale item.
- P.J. Chilcottage – Buy 1 get 1 free handmade primal elements soap (limit 6).
- Rainbow’s End – 25% off any non-sale item.
- Run Flagstaff – Over 100 pairs of select and in-stock shoes for $50 and under.
- The Golden Hive – 25% off one bees wax candle.
- ZANI Cards & Gifts – 10% off holiday ornaments and cards.
- Altitudes Bar & Grill – Happy hour prices on starter menu and $5 Stoli vodka of any flavor.
- Bigfoot BBQ – 2 for 1 draft beer.
- Blendz – $2 off any glass of wine, $1 off any draft beer, $5 Old Fashioneds, and $6 sangria.
- Collins Irish Pub & Grill – mention Locals’ Night and purchase 2 beverages, and get free mini Irish nachos.
- Historic Brewing – $5 wine and $7 pitchers.
- Karma Sushi Bar Grill – fill out check insert and be entered to win a $30 “Lunch for Two” gift card.
- Mix Flagstaff – 50% off entire menu.
- Monsoon Downtown – mention Locals’ Night and purchase 2 beverages, and get a free crispy dumplings appetizer.
- Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery – Buy 1 cookie get 1 free.
- PayN’Take – $1 off draft beer pints (*7pm – close).
- Sweet Shoppe & Nut House – Buy 1 pound of fudge and get a 1/2 pound free.
- The McMillan – 30% off tequila drinks, $3 tacos, and be entered to win a $25 gift card with a $50 purchase.
- Weatherford Hotel/Charley’s Pub & Grill – Posole and chips and a 16oz Dos Equis for $9+tax.
If you’re worried about parking don’t be!! After 5pm there is free parking available at City Hall, the County parking lot at Leroux and Cherry, the Chase Bank lot, and the National Bank lot!
It’s Buy Local Month and 21 of your favorite downtown businesses are taking part in the Shopping Passport Program! Now through January 1st, shop at 8 of the 21 businesses or spend a total of $250, fill out your passport, and turn into one of the businesses, and you’ll be entered to win 1 of 20 giftcard prizes ranging from $25 to $300!
Download your passport below and start shopping!
With Thanksgiving next week, that means the holiday season is right around the corner! Flagstaff is Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and we’re making sure that Downtown Flagstaff looks the part and is your holiday shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. The fun begins November 25th with. . .
Holiday Shopping Passport (Nov. 25 – Dec. 24)
We have partnered with Local First Arizona on this holiday initiative to consciously spend your holiday money at locally-owned businesses in the Flagstaff, Arizona community. It is free to play! With every stop at one of our 21 participating businesses, you’ll receive a sticker with the total dollar amount of your purchase. To complete your passport, you must make purchases at your choice of 8 of the 21 participating businesses, OR spend a total of $250. Fill it out to enter to win one of 20 fabulous gift card packages.
Passports will be available at any of the participating businesses prior to Thanksgiving and are yours to shop with until the end of the holiday season (December 24th).
When your passport is complete, return it to one of the participating businesses. Winners will be contacted in the first week of January.
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1708504646137119/
Slack Friday (Nov. 25)
This is the anti Black Friday! Forget the 3am alarm and the lines at the big box stores. Skip the stress! Holiday shopping should be enjoyable, and downtown has you covered! Sleep in and still get the best deals in town. (Mimosas optional.)
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/715227818653770/
Holiday Movie Series (Nov. 26 – Dec. 17)
Four Saturdays of FREE movies, time with Santa, crafts, and holiday fun, all beginning Saturday, Nov. 26. We will be celebrating the holidays in full swing at The Orpheum Theater through Dec. 17! Get your pictures taken with Santa, sing along to Christmas songs, make crafts, and enjoy the classic holiday movies!
Movie Schedule (Doors open at 10am, movie begins around 11am):
- November 26 – Home Alone 2
- December 3 – A Charlie Brown Christmas & Frosty the Snowman
- December 10 – The Polar Express
- December 17 – Elf
Breakfast with Santa (Dec. 3 & Dec. 17)
Sit down with Santa in a winter wonderland, enjoy a warm breakfast, and decorate Christmas cookies from Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery! You will get the chance to have your pictures taken with Santa, sing along to Christmas songs by the fire, make holiday crafts, and maybe even listen to him read a Christmas story!! The movie will follow breakfast and begin around 11am. Breakfast is limited to the FIRST 50 people and is $10 a person.
December 3 (9-10am) - Warm breakfast from Mix Flagstaff
- Tickets can be bought at The Orpheum Box Office, Rainbows End, or online at http://ticketf.ly/2ghXN3y.
December 17 (9-10am) - Warm breakfast from Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery
- Tickets can be purchased at The Orpheum box office, Rainbows End, or online at http://ticketf.ly/2givfYn.
DECEMBER 20th: The Biggest Night Downtown
- First off, it is December’s Locals’ Night from 3-7pm. We don’t know what our businesses will be offering yet, but we do know that the deals will be amazing like past months!
- Secondly, it is the night of Jingle Bell Shop. From 5-8pm participating businesses will have local musicians performing for you to enjoy as you finish your last minute holiday shopping!
- Lastly, the Luminaria Stroll through downtown will brighten your night! This inaugural event is something we’re very excited for! Luminarias will light up San Francisco St., Leroux St., and Aspen Ave. from 5-8pm. Come stroll the streets with your friends and family and make this your new holiday tradition while shopping the great holiday deals, or dining at your favorite downtown restaurant!
Window Decorating Contest (Dec. 1 – Dec. 23)
Flagstaff is Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and we want downtown to look the part! This year we are going to have a contest between our participating downtown businesses to see who has the most holiday cheer! Windows will be decorated by November 25th, and then it is up to YOU, the public, to decide the winner. We will post pictures of the windows on Instagram and Facebook and the two businesses with the most combined likes will win the 1st and 2nd place prizes! Voting begins December 1st and will end December 23rd. We will have maps with the businesses on there so you can walk through downtown and see the windows up close and personal!
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/232670083817427/.
City Tree Lighting (Dec. 3)
Holiday Parade of Lights (Dec. 10)
Presented by The Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce and Vora Financial, the Holiday Parade of Lights begins at 6pm. Everyone flocks downtown and lines the streets to watch the lights go by downtown!
***All of these events can be found on our Facebook page (Flagstaff Downtown Business Alliance), and we will share more information and details as the time comes closer.***