With Thanksgiving next week, that means the holiday season is right around the corner! Flagstaff is Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and we’re making sure that Downtown Flagstaff looks the part and is your holiday shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. The fun begins November 25th with. . .
Holiday Shopping Passport (Nov. 25 – Dec. 24)
We have partnered with Local First Arizona on this holiday initiative to consciously spend your holiday money at locally-owned businesses in the Flagstaff, Arizona community. It is free to play! With every stop at one of our 21 participating businesses, you’ll receive a sticker with the total dollar amount of your purchase. To complete your passport, you must make purchases at your choice of 8 of the 21 participating businesses, OR spend a total of $250. Fill it out to enter to win one of 20 fabulous gift card packages.
Passports will be available at any of the participating businesses prior to Thanksgiving and are yours to shop with until the end of the holiday season (December 24th).
When your passport is complete, return it to one of the participating businesses. Winners will be contacted in the first week of January.
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1708504646137119/
Slack Friday (Nov. 25)
This is the anti Black Friday! Forget the 3am alarm and the lines at the big box stores. Skip the stress! Holiday shopping should be enjoyable, and downtown has you covered! Sleep in and still get the best deals in town. (Mimosas optional.)
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/715227818653770/
Holiday Movie Series (Nov. 26 – Dec. 17)
Four Saturdays of FREE movies, time with Santa, crafts, and holiday fun, all beginning Saturday, Nov. 26. We will be celebrating the holidays in full swing at The Orpheum Theater through Dec. 17! Get your pictures taken with Santa, sing along to Christmas songs, make crafts, and enjoy the classic holiday movies!
Movie Schedule (Doors open at 10am, movie begins around 11am):
- November 26 – Home Alone 2
- December 3 – A Charlie Brown Christmas & Frosty the Snowman
- December 10 – The Polar Express
- December 17 – Elf
Breakfast with Santa (Dec. 3 & Dec. 17)
Sit down with Santa in a winter wonderland, enjoy a warm breakfast, and decorate Christmas cookies from Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery! You will get the chance to have your pictures taken with Santa, sing along to Christmas songs by the fire, make holiday crafts, and maybe even listen to him read a Christmas story!! The movie will follow breakfast and begin around 11am. Breakfast is limited to the FIRST 50 people and is $10 a person.
December 3 (9-10am) - Warm breakfast from Mix Flagstaff
- Tickets can be bought at The Orpheum Box Office, Rainbows End, or online at http://ticketf.ly/2ghXN3y.
December 17 (9-10am) - Warm breakfast from Mozelle’s Downtown Bakery
- Tickets can be purchased at The Orpheum box office, Rainbows End, or online at http://ticketf.ly/2givfYn.
DECEMBER 20th: The Biggest Night Downtown
- First off, it is December’s Locals’ Night from 3-7pm. We don’t know what our businesses will be offering yet, but we do know that the deals will be amazing like past months!
- Secondly, it is the night of Jingle Bell Shop. From 5-8pm participating businesses will have local musicians performing for you to enjoy as you finish your last minute holiday shopping!
- Lastly, the Luminaria Stroll through downtown will brighten your night! This inaugural event is something we’re very excited for! Luminarias will light up San Francisco St., Leroux St., and Aspen Ave. from 5-8pm. Come stroll the streets with your friends and family and make this your new holiday tradition while shopping the great holiday deals, or dining at your favorite downtown restaurant!
Window Decorating Contest (Dec. 1 – Dec. 23)
Flagstaff is Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and we want downtown to look the part! This year we are going to have a contest between our participating downtown businesses to see who has the most holiday cheer! Windows will be decorated by November 25th, and then it is up to YOU, the public, to decide the winner. We will post pictures of the windows on Instagram and Facebook and the two businesses with the most combined likes will win the 1st and 2nd place prizes! Voting begins December 1st and will end December 23rd. We will have maps with the businesses on there so you can walk through downtown and see the windows up close and personal!
Additional details: https://www.facebook.com/events/232670083817427/.
City Tree Lighting (Dec. 3)
Holiday Parade of Lights (Dec. 10)
Presented by The Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce and Vora Financial, the Holiday Parade of Lights begins at 6pm. Everyone flocks downtown and lines the streets to watch the lights go by downtown!
***All of these events can be found on our Facebook page (Flagstaff Downtown Business Alliance), and we will share more information and details as the time comes closer.***