If anywhere in Arizona knows how to celebrate the holiday season it’s Flagstaff! Governor Doug Ducey declared Flagstaff as Arizona’s Winter Wonderland and downtown is making sure we live up to that title. There is something for everyone to enjoy throughout the holiday season downtown, and we’ve listed out a few of our favorites!
1. Dark Sky Brewing Company’s Ugly Sweater Party – This Friday, December 16, from 5-10pm at Dark Sky you can take part in the fiercest holiday ugly sweater competition. Show off your tackiest, wackiest, purchased or home-made holiday sweaters at this party. There will be prizes for the best (ugliest) sweaters and happy hour prices for everyone wearing an ugly sweater!
2. Downtown Luminaria Stroll – Begin a new holiday tradition in Downtown Flagstaff Tuesday, December 20, from 5-8pm. Thanks to our sponsor Homes of Flagstaff by G Shanahan, and everyone in the community who has decorated over 1,000 luminaria bags, San Francisco St., Aspen Ave., and Leroux St. will be glowing! Also be sure to check out the business windows that are taking part in our window decorating contest while strolling the streets.
3. December Locals’ Night – Tuesday, December 20, from 3-7pm is Locals’ Night and it is the perfect opportunity to knock out the last (or all) of your holiday shopping at once! There are over 25 businesses participating and offering great deals like buy one get one free and 50% off everything! It’s Buy Local Month and you can shop local with Local First Arizona’s and the DBA’s Holiday Shopping Passport. While shopping around you will also be able to enjoy the sounds of local musicians in participating businesses!
4. Flagstaff SantaCon 2016 – This Saturday, December 17, at 2pm hundreds of Santas will take to the streets of Downtown Flagstaff for SantaCon! This pub-crawl will get you in the holiday spirit with 5 stops beginning at Historic Barrel + Bottle House, then onto The State Bar, Dark Sky, Hops on Birch, and ending at The Green Room with a Santa dance party!
5. The Great Pinecone Drop – The pinecone has been hung high atop the Weatherford Hotel and the countdown to the New Year has begun! This Downtown Flagstaff celebration has been a tradition for over 15 years and each year the crowd grows. Thousands of locals and visitors fill the streets of downtown, countdown to the big drop, and ring in the new year together!